Pet Insurance Best Practices: How to Choose the Best Insurance for Your Pet
Wondering about the best pet insurance for your pet? At Lemonade, we want you to feel 100% confident with our decision, so here are 8 tips on how to choose the best insurance for your pet.
1. Make sure your pup or kitty is covered for accidents & diseases
2. Consider cover that improves your pet’s quality of life
3. Consider what type of customer service you desire
4. Know what level of coverages you need before the policy expires
5. Don’t overpay for coverage you don’t need
6. Make sure vet does not list your pets breed as a pre-existing condition
7. Take a look at reimbursable vet costs in each option from an advantages/disadvantages standpoint
8. Be weary of cheaper plans that may be not true as it sounds,
This blog post will focus on pet insurance for dogs & Cats, but can apply to other pets too.
What are the pros and cons of pet insurance?
Choosing pet insurance is easy. But, there are so many things to consider when choosing a policy. In this article, we’ll go over the pros and cons of pet insurance and tell you what you should know before buying a policy.
Is Pet Insurance Worth It?
Many pet owners do not think that pet insurance is worth it, but that’s just not the case. In fact, pet insurance is a must for all pet owners. Why?
Because many vets charge exorbitant prices for common procedures, such as vaccinations, spays, and neuters. This is due to a lack of pet insurance.
Pet insurance gives you peace of mind. This is because it covers any unexpected medical expenses.
You’re not responsible for medical expenses that are covered by your insurance.
In addition to this, pet insurance can save you money on veterinary care. This is because the insurance pays the vet, and the vet does not have to charge you a co-pay.
Pet insurance saves you money on veterinary care.
This is due to the fact that the insurance covers preventative care, such as vaccinations, spays, and neuters.
Do I Really Need Pet Insurance?
Many people think that they don’t need pet insurance, but they’re wrong. You should always have pet insurance because it protects you and your pet.
Without insurance, you and your pet could be financially ruined if you had a medical emergency.
Pet insurance protects you and your pet in the event of a medical emergency.
In fact, it could even save you money on vet bills.
Pet insurance covers preventative care, such as vaccines, spays, and neuters.
This is because the insurance covers the cost of these procedures.
In addition to this, pet insurance also covers unexpected medical expenses. This is because it covers any medical bills that you incur.
In the event that your pet needs medical care, you won’t have to worry about paying for the procedure.
Why choose Lemonade Pet Insurance?
Lemonade Pet Insurance was designed with you in mind. From day one, we’ve been committed to providing pet owners with the highest quality, lowest cost pet insurance available. Our team of pet insurance experts have dedicated their careers to pet insurance, and we’re passionate about helping you with every step of the pet insurance process.
Our pet insurance specialists work with you and your veterinarian to develop a custom pet insurance plan that best meets your needs.
Only Pet insurance for customer to Sign up in seconds. Get paid in minutes. Award-winning service.
Insurance for the 21st century
Because we know that your pet is a part of your family, we work hard to make the pet insurance process as simple and affordable as possible. We’re here to help you find the best pet insurance for your pet, at the best price.
Who is Lemonade? Lemonade is a new kind of an insurance company powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics and driven by social good. Founded in 2015, Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters, homeowners, pet health insurance, and term life insurance in the U.S, and content and liability insurance in Germany, France, and the Netherlands. Lemonade is known as the most loved insurance company because we do everything differently. We have removed the conflict of interest existing in insurance by only taking a small flat fee from customer’s premiums, donating any left over money to a charity of our customer’s choosing. Lemonade is the first insurance company that is a certified B-Corp, donating over $2M to charity in 2021 through our giveback program.
Ranked #1 renters and homeowners insurance company by Cleasurance Customer Awards
Fortune World Changing Ideas 2021 Finalist
Ranked #1 renters and homeowners insurance by Forbes
Lemonade Pet Insurance: Lemonade offers one of the most customizable and comprehensive pet insurance products on the market helping pet parents be prepared for any unexpected vet bills, while saving on routine care. Starting at $10 a month, a Lemonade base policy includes accident and illness coverage and covers the cost of diagnostics, procedures, and medications related to an accident or illness. Lemonade also offers industry leading preventive wellness packages designed to keep your pet healthy, and helps cover expenses you’re already paying for. The preventive packages cover routine wellness like your pet’s annual exam, blood tests, vaccinations, and access to live medical chat.
What makes Lemonade Pet Insurance different?
- Lemonade is known as one of the most affordable pet insurance plans on the market starting at $10/month.
- Lemonade offers some of the best discounts on the market including a 10% discount if you bundle with an existing Lemonade home or renters policy and a 5% multi-pet discount.
- Lemonade is one of the most customizable plans on the market. Pet parents can choose from a variety of coverage amounts, preventative and wellness packages, and extended illness packages. You never pay for what you don’t need.
- Lemonade let’s you choose your annual deductible ($100, $250 or $500) and annual limit (between $5,000 and $100,000) based on what works for you. You can also decide between paying your premium on a monthly basis vs. annually.
- Lemonade takes the guesswork out of what is covered and not covered under your pet insurance policy with easy jargon free
- Choose a charity of your choice to donate your unused premium, including animal- centric causes like the Humane Society, SPCAI and Paws. In 2021, Lemonade donated over $2.3M to non-profits and donated $365K to organizations supporting animal rights.
- Lemonade Pet Insurance has one of the best customer experiences on the market with claims paid out in minutes, powered by AI, and a digital customer experience.
What are people saying? Lemonade is one of the most loved insurance companies in America, and our pet insurance plans are no different. Lemonade pet insurance is receiving rave reviews from our customers, partners, and leading sources.
- Trustpilot: Ranked great with 4.2 out of 5 stars from real customer reviews
- Consumer Affairs: Ranked 4.8 out of 5 stars from real customer reviews
- Pet Insurance Review: Ranked 9.8 out of 10 from real customer reviews
- App Store: Lemonade is ranked 4.9 out of 5 stars on the App Store
America’s top-rated insurance, now for cats and dogs
All companies say they care but it’s not until you use Lemonade that you really see the difference. Lemonade is fast and simple to use. Lemonade takes the stress out of submitting a claim at a time when all you really care about is your pet. Once submitted you get to work with a person, with an actual name and a sense of humour just when you need it! Lemonade cares about what your pet means to you and goes the extra distance to keep you connected. Great company. – Daniel B
Love Lemonade pet insurance. It’s extremely simple and easy. Quick claim process. quick reimbursement. The reps I have interacted with are super nice. Love that there’s optional annual wellness coverage for the exam and vaccines etc. Really helped with the price of having a new puppy and getting all those boosters. The coverage for illness/sickness is great. I like that you can customize it to an extent. And the price you can’t beat! Thank you Lemonade for being there for Stormie 🙂 – Cassandra
- Lemonade Pet is now available in 36 states and is focused on expanding Nationwide!
- Lemonade has expanded their preventive benefits for all life stages including a special package just for puppies & kittens, and a special extended package for adult pets.
- Lemonade has expanded their illness benefits launching packages specifically for vet visit fees and physical therapy.